I’m a Tucson freelance writer with more than 30 years of diverse marketing, social media, public relations, strategic planning and media experience in both business and non-profit.
I am a former journalist, with writing credits including The New York Times and NYC FM news radio. Read my NYT clips, my Arizona AAA Highroads stories, my entertainment client website content, more of my travel writing , my national music & entertainment releases, my magazine features, my historical research, Tucson business articles, Tucson Meet Yourself video script and folklife magazine writing. Read an article about downtown urban place-making and importance of the arts in quality of life. Read high-tech Tucson news, or writings of Tucson legacy. More business blogging here. Pima County Medical Society writings here. See more BetterRVing magazine clips and national Sunday newspaper insert clips. I was managing editor of a Cultural eJournal called BorderLore.
Corporate, Non-Profit and National Music-Entertainment Marketing
- UPS and Corporate – For almost two decades I was corporate communications manager responsible for a variety of executive communications and global employee media for United Parcel Service.
- Keep America Beautiful and NPO – I’m a former officer-Vice President of Communications for the national non-profit, Keep America Beautiful.
- Tucson Non-Profit – Through Tucson Cowgirl Communications, I consult with a variety of local business, Tucson writers and non-profit (which have included Tucson Festival of Books, Tucson Meet Yourself, the Southwest Folklife Alliance) in new media and marketing communications.
- Classic Rock Band Foreigner – I’ve produced a number of optimized press releases for this iconic band.
- Tohono Chul Park – I served as Marketing Director for Tucson’s center of nature, art and culture: Tohono Chul Park.
- IABC – I was a board member of the International Association of Business Communicators, Tucson chapter, from 2008-2011.
It is a pleasure to work with BizTucson owner and publisher Steven E. Rosenberg in reporting the important cultural and business news of our region.
Jeff Joseph Jeudy is as blazing in his graphic design as he is on guitar. I worked with Jeff via his Three Hooks Design group and David Olsen of Zocalo Magazine to create the website for Kelly Hansen Rocks.
Julie Ray, the owner of Julie Ray Creative design and communications, is a valued friend and partner in a variety of businesses and non-profit assignments. Julie serves on the Tucson Pima Arts Council’s Grants Committee, City of Tucson ParkWise Commission, and last year was a recipient of the Arizona Daily Star’s 40 Under 40 award. Working with Julie always is a satisfying and successful adventure.
Dave Smith– I met Dave on Twitter, and learned after our Twitter conversations that Dave blogged about Tucson, real estate, photography and of course his favorite topic, WordPress. He and Julie Ray have a great computer geek club going – one that I aspire to be part of!
I enjoy an artsy side as a seamstress and crafter. I am a lover of fabrics, paper arts and vintage. I dabble in quilting and altered books. I value folk life and its expression in traditional fiber arts. You can read about some of my crafting here and here and here.